Monday, February 18, 2013

Born this way! Makeup for Lady Gaga concert going/ blizzard braving/ fabulous being


YOU READ THAT TITLE RIGHT.  At the beginning of the month my bestie Linzee and I braved some pretty shit weather all decked out to go see our favourite Mother Monster, LADY FRIGGIN GAGA (two shows before she announced the cancellation of the rest of the tour due to injury!) and it was EPIC.  I've done a quick recreation of the makeup I wore to the concert, minus the glitter (cause that's a pain in the bottom to remove) and maybe a wee bit less dramatic.  I did a quick pictorial? Picture tutorial? Ya? Maybe? of how I did the makeup.  Hope you enjoy!

                   

Here's what we're going for.  It's a dark smokey eye all focused on the top lid with a clean under eye (which on the day of the concert was where I added some MAC Reflects Pearl Glitter) and a black lip completely by strong arched red brows to match my hair. 

Step 1: I start with a bare face so that clean up of any fall out is quick and easy... I've applied a primer all over the lid as well.  I'm loving the Nars Pro Prime a lot.
Step 2: I used a MAC 209 thick liner brush to apply black gel liner in a thick (not too fussy) winged liner to the top lash line extending the wing out to near the end of the eyebrow. 
Step 3: Using a MAC 219 pencil brush I used black eyeshadow to blend out the line and start creating a sharp winged effect with the eyeshadow shape.
Step 4: Using a MAC 217 I start blending and buffing around the black edges with medium brown shades and using an even fluffier brush (MAC 286) I blend a matte cream coloured shadow onto the brow bone to create a soft blurred effect at the edges of the shadows.
Step 5: Using a makeup remover and a cotton pad I clean up the edges of the makeup creating a sharp wing in the eyeshadow.  This lifts the eye and gives an interesting "harsh" look to the eye shape.  I made sure to keep the eye look darkest at the outer corner and lightly fade towards the inner eye to really lift the eye into an almond shape.


Step 6: After cleaning up I did my normal face routine concentrating on highlighting the under eye to further emphasize the shape of the makeup.
Step 7: I use a red eyeshadow (on a MAC 266 brush) and brow gel to create my brow shape and colour and then using a MAC 214 brush I sharpen the lines around the eyebrow to make it stand out as much as possible.
Step 8: I apply a generous coat of mascara (waterproof) to lightly curled lashes and follow it up with a pair of Ardel Wispies lashes.
Step 9: I move onto the lips with MAC prep and prime lip and one of my favourite products MAC lipmix in black (an amazing solid matte black lip "paint")

The show was amazing and I'm so happy we got to see Gaga in concert before she became unable to perform!  More or less the whole weekend was a pretty friggin stellar way to celebrate my 27th birthday (ya... 27... puke in my mouth and then all over the damn place).

Products used:

Face:
MAC Face and Body Foundation C1
MAC Prep and Prime BB Cream - Extra Light
MAC Prep and Prime Transparency Powder
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Cargo Key Large Blush
MAC Lightscapade mineralize skin finish
MAC Pro longwear Concealer NC15
MAC Prep and Prime highlighter Radiant Rose

Eyes:
NARS Pro Prime Shadow Primer
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (used all colours)
MAC Chromaline Black Black
Maybelline Falsies Mascara Waterproof
Ardel Wispies lashes and Duo adhesive

Brows:
Make Up For Ever eyeshadow #64
Ardel Brow gel mixed with MAC Basic Red Pigment

Lips:
MAC Prep and Prime lip
MAC Lipmix Black


Thanks for reading!

Smell ya!
KC



No comments:

Post a Comment