Thursday, October 27, 2011

Colour Theory - Red (Hallowe'en)

OH HI

Okay so I was going to do a "wearable" red look for my colour theory series but come on... I mean with Hallowe'en like 3 sleeps away how could I do such a thing?  So that's going to have to come at a later date.  I didn't go with a gore look that may come this weekend or even on Hallowe'en day so I decided to go with something that could be used for several styles of costume.  Demon, Devil, Vampire, etc... whatever.  ANYWHO on with the show... (THE SHOW MUST GO ONNNNNNNN THE SHOW MUST GO ONNNNNN [Moulin Rouge fans singing right now? yes? no? just me? jerks.]).




I look mean in photos... whatever.
I started this look with a bright red base which you couldn't really tell at the end but it kept the red I used on my lids RED rather than leaning towards purple or maroon which sometimes happens when you do darker smokey looks with red tones.  I love wearing red in looks... I used to do it quite frequently when I worked on counters because I like how the contrast with my eye colour makes the blue look more clear (colour theory bitches... learn it).  I'll show you a different lip at the end but the nude is nice if you don't want to go too far out of your comfort zone.  



Though it's hard to see in the photos I lined under the lashes with a dark red micro glitter because you know... glitter.  I kept the eyeshadow shape more rounded but added a cat eye effect with an extended liner to elongate the eye.  By keeping the brightest red on the mobile lid it's kind of a nice surprise when you close the eye.  It makes the look different from all different angles.  A thick black liner and black in the waterline close in the eye to give a sort of deeper effect.

Here you can see how adding a dark shaded lip can totally change the look and bring it up that extra level of vampyness (yeah... I made that up... deal).  Add a completely ridiculous necklace that is super not age appropriate for me and you've got a half-assed attempt at a costume with a wicked smokey eye!  What else can people ask from you when Hallowe'en is on a week day?!

AND finally... 
This is Cash... she's hard to see because a) she's black and I'm wearing a black shirt.  b) she's pretty dang small... 8 weeks.  Things we learned today... Cash likes makeup brushes... Cash likes to sit on my shoulder while I do makeup making me feel like a bad ass pirate and Cash also likes glitter... so yeah she's a Twilight kitten now... 


Here's what it takes!

Face:
Lush Colour supplement - Jackie Oates
MAC Prep and Prime Face
Benefit Erase paste - No. 1
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer
MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralized Skin Finish

Eyes: 
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Chromaline - Basic Red
Urban Decay eyeshadow - Heat
MAC eyeshadow - Smut
Too Faced eyeshadow - Heaven
MAC Reflects Blacked Red glitter
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
MAC Feline eye kohl
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara
Ardell Demi lashes

Lips 
1.  MAC Stone lip pencil
     MAC  Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick
2. Make Up For Ever Moulin Rouge lipstick (omg I totally didn't even MEAN to mention Moulin Rouge twice in this post... total coincidence.  WEIRDDDDD)
    MAC Black lipmix

Cash is wearing... nothing because she's a little slut.  

Thanks so much!  

See you later!
KC







1 comment:

  1. Make up looks great! It is amazing how a look can change just when you change the lip wear. BTW Cash is so cute! Yeah you do look mean but in a nice way

    ReplyDelete